Salt Therapy, the Salt Room is not hot like a sauna or excessively humid. The temperature is between 72-75 F and the humidity between 35-50%.
- You can wear your normal clothing; we suggest something that you are comfortable in since you will be relaxing in zero gravity chairs. Clothing must remain ON at all times.
- We will provide blankets for people who tend to get a chill. You are always welcome to take more than one blanket and can always opt to bring in your own blanket if you prefer. Ask if you need back pillows.
- Barefoot is preferred. Blue medical booties are provided to cover shoes, in order to eliminate dirt being brought into the cave. Please wear of any cuts on your feet the salt will burn.
- We ask that anyone who is a smoker to please refrain from smoking before they enter in the salt room. If you smell of smoke you will be asked to reschedule. Hygea and its parking lot are smoke-free.
- Please refrain from use of any perfumes or essential oils before coming to Hygea. If you smell of heavy odors you will be asked to rebook.
- All Dead Sea Salt Room Sessions are 45 minutes long. The Vip Room Sessions are 60mins long.
- We have 2 types of sessions; quiet dark room sessions and talking sessions (only by request, may have kids in the session).
Quiet Dark Room Session-Dim lighting, NOT enough lights to read, quiet music and a relaxing environment. We do offer ear plugs at the front desk free of charge for those who are noise sensitive to snoring or coughing. This is a quiet session so NO talking, NO cell phone or electronics usage.
- Your session begins when the Center Light in the Salt Cave turns off; When the Center Light turns back on you may then exit the Cave. We ask that you not exit the cave before the Center Light turns back on, unless it is an emergency. Once you exit the Cave, from a quiet session, you are not allowed to re-enter.
Talking/Kids/Electronics Sessions– Wi-Fi is available. This session has soft lighting enough to read and to play with the sand/salt toys. Please tie up any long hair.
- In this session the light will not turn off and you will be able to talk and read. There will also be toys available for the kids to play with. You may go in and out of the room at any time.
- Please Do Not wear Heavy Perfumes or Colognes this does include ESSENTIAL OILS.
- We ask that No drinks or food be brought into the room. Small water bottles with lids are ok.
- Please refrain from taking pictures in the salt room during the sessions. Please take before or after.
- DO NOT share chairs. Chair weight limit is 325lb.
- Remember People may cough, sneeze, snore- we cannot control this but we do provide free earplugs.
- Salt Rooms Help with– Breathing aliments, allergies, asthma, arthritis, fibromyalgia and overall inflammation in the body. The therapy also helps to regulate moods, detox your body and allow your whole body to de-stress while receiving a much need mineral treatment. Salt Therapy is a drug free treatment for relieving the symptoms of allergies, asthma, COPD and other respiratory conditions. In areas where pollution and pollen levels are high, salt therapy can be powerful ally in the battle to relieve the discomfort of respiratory and skin conditions. Salt Therapy can also benefit skin health. The respiratory system is a pathway to remove toxins from the body. When this pathway is overwhelmed, the skin becomes a secondary, or overflow, pathway for toxin removal. Toxins can then manifest as inflammatory skin conditions including rashes or acne. Salt Therapy is another way we can support the look and health of our skin. In areas where pollution and pollen levels are high, salt therapy can be a powerful addition in the battle to relieve the discomfort of respiratory and skin conditions.
- Is Salt Treatment safe for Pregnant Woman and or Children? Yes, in fact a great mineral treatment
- What Minerals are in the Dead Sea Salt –26 essential minerals, twelve of the Dead Sea minerals do not exist in any other sea or ocean in the world. Some are known to have unique qualities, for instance giving a feeling of relaxation, nourishing the skin, activating the blood systems, healing rheumatic diseases and metabolic disorders. Some examples are Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc, and Potassium.
- When is salt treatment not recommended
- Any kind of infectious disease
- Infections, accompanied by fever
- Existence or suspicion of cancer or during cancer treatment
- Patients who have cardiac insufficiency
- Chronic kidney diseases
- Any form and stages of tuberculosis
- C.O.P.D. in the third stage
- Bleeding, spitting of blood
- Alcohol or drug intoxication
- Acute stages of respiratory diseases
- What is Halotherapy?- also known as salt therapy. Basically, halotherapy is the inhalation of very fine salt particles. In a modern halotherapy session, the client sits in a specially designed room constructed of salt that mimics the interior of a salt cave. In order to infuse the atmosphere with salt particles, halogenerators are used to grind salt into very fine particles. Salt Therapy helps to support the body’s immune system. A strong immune system helps to reduce inflammation in the airways, sinuses, bronchi and bronchioles promoting elimination of allergens and pollutants.
- Is Salt Therapy safe? It is an effective complementary tool that can be used in addition to a physician’s recommendations for skin and respiratory care. It provides a natural way to cleanse and maintain skin and respiratory system from the inside out. Salt Therapy is a drug free treatment for relieving the symptoms of allergies, asthma, COPD and other respiratory conditions. In areas where pollution and pollen levels are high, salt therapy can be powerful ally in the battle to relieve the discomfort of respiratory and skin conditions.
- Are there side effects? – Those who have experienced a session usually report no ill effects, but on occasion the session may trigger coughing and the release of mucus. This is one of its alleged intended effects. Sometimes, clients experience remarkable relief from symptoms in just a single session, while others are said to feel relief after a few halotherapy sessions.
- Skin Aliments and Salt Therapy- healthy skin is a benefit for Salt Therapy. The respiratory system is a pathway to remove toxins from the body. When this pathway is overwhelmed, the skin becomes a secondary, or overflow, pathway for toxin removal. Toxins can then manifest as inflammatory skin conditions including rashes or acne. Salt Therapy is another way we can support the look and health of our skin. Helping With Psoriasis, Eczema, Acne, Rashes etc….
- Salt Therapy is a safe, effective complementary treatment that can be used in addition to a physician’s recommendations for skin and respiratory care. It provides a natural way to cleanse and maintain your skin and respiratory system from the inside out. As With any Natural treatment please consult your doctor.
Please ask about our Massages to compliment your Salt Room Treatment!!